All athletes trying out MUST be registered with CEVA (detailed instructions are below). Their CEVA member number is required for tryouts please bring a printed copy of their membership card.
IMPORTANT TRYOUT INFORMATION
- One Parent/guardian must attend registration & team selection (beginning & end) of tryouts
- Bring printed "2017-2018 Tryout Registration Form" confirmation email that will be emailed to you after you've completed the form above.
Check in Requirements:
- CEVA Membership Card: that is part of your CEVA registration papers with a "Current" status reflecting the appropriate date range.
- Reign Tryout Registration Form
- Medical Release Form
- Concussion Form
- Tryout fee $20.00 cash only (This covers gym rental fees & administration costs)
- Water and healthy snack
- Appropriate athletic shoes
Upon team selection:
- Each athletes initial deposit is required to be paid
- Additional paperwork including medical insurance information to be filled out
- Teams traveling via air will also be required to pay airline deposit in early December (18.1, 18.2, & 16.1)
CEVA REGISTRATION INFORMATION
You MUST Register online with CEVA (Columbia Empire Volleyball Association) @ www.cevaregion.org (see step-by-step instructions here). When you register with CEVA, you will pay your membership fee at the time of registration. There are two options to pick from:
- CEVA Regular Junior - Girls $55.00 For girl players up to age 18. This is a full-year membership required for regional and national competition. It is Nonrefundable.
- CEVA Membership Deposit - $10.00 Nonrefundable **LIMITED MEMBERSHIP: 10/1/2017 - 12/31/2017 For boy/girl players up to age 18 that is good ONLY for five tryout dates between Nov. 1 and Dec. 31. This is an ideal option for those who have never played club volleyball before or are unsure if they will make a club team. Once a player makes a club team you must upgrade your membership to practice or play on a team to the $55.00 Regular Junior membership. The $10.00 membership deposit will be applied to the full membership fee of $55.00.
- If you are planning on trying out for multiple clubs, when registering with CEVA, you should check the undecided box in the Club tab.
- Once tryouts are completed you will need to go back and select the club you play for prior to practicing.
- If you are only going to tryout for NW Reign, then you may select NW Reign in the club option. This will save you the step of having to go back and change it from "undecided" after the tryout.
How to determine what age group you can play at:
- 18 & under: Players who turn 18 years of age on or after September 1st of the current school year or high school students in the 12th grade or below during the current academic year and are 19 years of age or younger on June 15th of the current season.
- 16 & under: Players who turn 16 years of age on or after September 1st of the current school year.
- 14& under: Players who turn 14 years of age on or after September 1st of the current school year.
- 12 & under: Players who turn 12 years of age on or after September 1st of the current school year.
Another simple formula--How old will you be on September 1, 2018 that is the age division you would play for this season.
Age waivers will only be considered for birthdays that fall in July/August. Exceptional Circumstances may be considered by the Executive Director of CEVA.
**Our intent is to carry 10-11 players on all teams. However we reserve the option to carry up to 12 players on all teams if it appears to be in the best interest of the team.